Once upon a time in New Zealand, nearly 150 years ago, longwool Lincolns were crossed with soft fleece merinos to create one of today’s most popular, prolific, and iconic sheep breeds: the Corriedale. Fast forward to the present where Stone Wool honors this venerable breed with its carefully sourced Corriedale fleeces, from sheep raised in Hudson Valley, New York, which are then spun into the soft yet long-wearing yarn that is Stone Wool Corriedale
Immerse yourself in the world of breed-specific yarns with Sheep in a Box, a sensory exploration of heirloom sheep breeds. This debut edition showcases the rich history, tradition, and wooly wonder that is the Corriedale sheep.
Your journey begins with an exclusive (and frameworthy) Corriedale watercolor print by artist Abe Goodale, which features a brief history of the breed on the reverse side. Next, explore Corriedale fleece in the raw, which is nearly identical to its freshly-shorn form. From there, discover all seventeen colorways of Stone Wool Corriedale
with a custom color card.
We’ve included a whole skein of Stone Wool Corriedale
in a surprise colorway of our choosing, along with a printed pattern of the Durgin hat by Pam Allen—the perfect design for sampling this yarn’s excellent texture, utter softness, and beautifully heathered colorways. Last, but not least, a high-quality Stone Wool copper and enamel pin, along with a coupon for 10% off future Stone Wool yarn purchases.
Treat yourself or a loved one to this carefully curated box, at an incredible introductory price (just $1.50 more than what you’d pay for one
skein of Stone Wool Corriedale
). Act now while supplies last!Contents:
- - Stone Wool Copper & Enamel Pin
- - Printed “Durgin” Hat Pattern by Pam Allen
- - 1 (50g) skein Stone Wool Corriedale yarn (color of our choice)
- - Corriedale Color Card featuring all 17 yarn samples
- - Coupon for 10% off next Stone Wool purchase
- - Corriedale Fleece Sample
- - (4” x 6”) Exclusive Corriedale Watercolor Print by artist Abe Goodale
- - Corriedale breed history included on the reverse side of watercolor print
- - 11” x 8” x 4" high quality storage box